Monday 13 August 2007

Swimming I

Last year I joined a swimming club, and since my freestyle has been getting better and better. Seven years ago, I moved to Taipei. In order to lose weight, I joined a swimming club there. When I first joined the club, I purchased a half-year membership. Afterwards, I began to buy season memberships.

The first year in the club, I lost a lot of weight. It was amazing. My weight was from 76 kg. to 68 kg. At that time, I only could swim with breaststroke and envied the people who could swim in freestyle, but I didn’t want to pay for freestyle lessons, so I tried to learn it by myself. Little by little, I learned the basics. When I began to learn the freestyle, I realized that changing the breathing technique was still a big problem: I couldn’t do it smoothly. Now it is really much better. I can swim for a long time both in freestyle and with breaststroke.

My experience with freestyle taught me that I can learn new swimming styles, and now I am thinking about learning butterfly stroke.

No comments: